The eight (8) doors are named based on the qualities signified when the Yin and Yang, Five Elements and images of Trigrams are placed into the Nine Palaces. The following are the 8 Doors and their attributes:
1. Open (Kai) - is about fresh starts, beginnings, renewal and the creation of new things. It symbolizes the ability to overcome obstacles and challenges. Matters will progress smoothly with minimal hindrances, especially if it involves pioneering endeavors. It also represents new opportunities, an indication for increasing wealth and positive change in career development.
2. Rest (Xiu) - the Rest door represents activities which are recreational in nature or relaxing. it can also symbolize happy activities in general as well as nurturing relationships. Noble people who are helpful and smooth progression in matters are also represented by the Rest door.
3. Life (Sheng) - symbolizes the opportunities for growth and personal development. This in turn directly impacts one's personal wealth or career progression. It signifies abundance in terms of the essential things in life.
4. Harm (Shang) - damage and harm inflicted on another are signified by the Harm door. It indicates the presence of setbacks and obstacles. Unfortunate outcomes in life are also represented by the Harm door.
5. Delusion (Du) - represents the mysterious and unexpected outcomes in life which could include unexpected obstacles and hindrances. It may also imply the lack of opportunities as well as darkness and ill-fortune.
6. Scenery (Jing) - represent superficiality. It indicates the revealed truth behind matters which are hidden. It may also represent excellence and outstanding achievements.
7. Death (Si) - as its name implies, the Death door represents death and aging. It indicates non-moving or stagnated energies or Qi. It may also represent negative energy and the delay or interruption of progress in one's endeavors.
8. Fear (Jing)- the Fear door implies the presence of fear and suspicion, a mind clouded by anxiety, doubt and stress. Hindrances will be a source of frustration, creating uneasiness in one's mental state.